Snakes in Sweden, Ågesta lake, May 2011 Shadows on ice Lifeboats Rhesus Macaque family Saignon, Vaucluse 'Indian garden' at the British Museum

Hey I'm pretty new to the forums

Hey I'm pretty new to the forums

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey all names outdoorluvr and as my name and some of my posts hint I love the outdoors and all the wildlife in it.

Professionally I am a marketer we do campaigns for different agencies most recently for Pet Adoption. It's a campaign for Maddie's Fund, The Humane Society and The Ad Council that is trying to reduce the amount of animals put to sleep. We're trying to change the image of the shelter animal by making people realize that these potential pets make reliable, friendly members of the family.

Check out the website [URL="http://youcastcorp.com/shelter_pet"]here [/URL]for Pet Personals, the site is real fun and it can help you find a shelter in your area.

I guess I am an animal lover as well:)
I look forward to being an active member of this community!

Hi Outdoorluvr
And Welcome to WATW, it's great to have you here.
I'm guessing you are based in the UK ( I couldn't get your link to open for some reason, I'll try again later though. :))
We always seem to be adopted by cat's at our house rather than the other way around and our last 4 cats all found there way to us and stayed, but when we do look for another pet I would definately go to a shelter to find one.:)
Anyway, looking forward to your posts and photos.:cool:
See you around
Suzanne Smile

Hi and welcome - it sounds like good work you are doing.
Two of our four cats we have had have come from a shelter - one had been a stray in a bad state and only a couple of teeth, but a better and more loving cat we couldn't have asked for. The second was a well loved and fed cat the size of a turkey but the owner was going into a home and couldn't take him with her. Both from totally different backgrounds but both made wonderful pets.

It is great to have you with us, enjoy the forum :).

PS your link opened for me with no problems.

hi im newish 2 but im also young welcome

goosey;10008 wrote:
Hi and welcome - it sounds like good work you are doing.
Two of our four cats we have had have come from a shelter - one had been a stray in a bad state and only a couple of teeth, but a better and more loving cat we couldn't have asked for. The second was a well loved and fed cat the size of a turkey but the owner was going into a home and couldn't take him with her. Both from totally different backgrounds but both made wonderful pets.

It is great to have you with us, enjoy the forum :).

PS your link opened for me with no problems.

That's very interesting! My cat, Neko was from a shelter and she's laying on me now kneading lol. Friendliest cat in the world!

What other experience with Shelter Animals have you other Wild about the Worlders had?

im hopefully getting work exp in a an shelter for school and hope i get to stay after that

Who's online

New Forum Topics

Topic Last post
Amanita?
by goosey on Mon, 28 Jul 14 , 2 replies
by goosey
5 hours 2 min ago
Moth ID from description only please
by Suzanne B on Sun, 27 Jul 14 , 2 replies
by Suzanne B
1 day 22 hours ago
Find of the day (Page: 1, 2, 3Last Page)
by goosey on Sat, 10 Sep 11 , 142 replies
by goosey
2 days 1 hour ago
Wing shedding insect
by goosey on Tue, 22 Jul 14 , 5 replies
by fishingcat
6 days 10 hours ago
Slime mould for ID
by goosey on Wed, 19 Feb 14 , 8 replies
by Slymouldy
1 week 4 hours ago
Slime mould for ID
by goosey on Wed, 31 Jul 13 , 7 replies
by goosey
1 week 6 days ago
Toadflax sp. found in May in Portugal for ID please
by bluenapoleon on Fri, 11 Jul 14 , 5 replies
by goosey
1 week 6 days ago
New to The Netherlands theYellow-legged Tortoiseshell!
by goosey on Tue, 15 Jul 14 , 2 replies
by goosey
1 week 6 days ago
BOP id please
by Suzanne B on Mon, 14 Jul 14 , 0 replies
by Suzanne B
2 weeks 1 day ago
Ladybird pupa
by Suzanne B on Sun, 13 Jul 14 , 1 replies
by goosey
2 weeks 1 day ago